Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Newly risen

I have managed to clean off the desk a bit this weekend. Enjoy the offerings!

 I am considering removing the horn arm from the musician and replacing it with a weapon. That would then open up the option of adding a champion and a musician from the NEW box set. I really like the banner though...not sure about replacing that one or not.

 One of the newer wolves. SOOOOOO much better than the other ones. I have a story background for my undead army that has been bumbling and bumping itself silly in my head for a long time, and these just fit my idea much better! They will be painted up to look like....REAL WOLVES!
 Graveguard...too dark? Not enough gold? maybe not enough rust and weathering to match the rest of the army? Or are they elite and therefore should be without the rust and grime?
 A skeleton unit filler WIP...I am debating a stomach plate like the current plastic model range...but then again, maybe its not neccesary?
More skeles...almost at the magic number of 40!

Bard

4 comments:

  1. Really nice stuff! I like the fact the wolf works really well, and has a rather real look about it. I like the grave guard, the colours work well together. I don't think it's too dark at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting stuff! I am working on that second (magnetized) Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace... seeing your work inspires me to do a bit myself tonight :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kuffeh, thank you for the comments. He looks even better painted. I managed to get some good pictures of him, which I will put up this weekend. GG:thank you, not too dark, but could they use more weathering? Or should I reserve that for the "special" characters?
    Seb, Thanks, nice to know I was able to inspire. Hope I get to see some shots of it when its finished!!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your plog from VampireCounts.net, I love all your stuff. Your wolves in particular are beautiful. Happily followed!

    ReplyDelete