Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday Musings


I don’t know about you, but I had a busy week. A nine month old daughter, visiting family and a hectic work week all added up to one tiered guy. On the bright side I did squeeze in the Avengers with a friend and enjoyed it tremendously! I went in to it with the Hulk being one of my least favorite characters and leaving with the big green guy being one of my favorites. I even felt sorry for several of the baddies that had run ins with him…those had to hurt!!



From the hobby side of things, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my blog was being talked about on the blog-o-sphere. If you haven’t already checked out 28mm Victorian Warfare, you should, as there are many good blog articles, and of course my personal favorite, all about “Paintbard”. The author of the blog found my wolf painting guide and used it to great effect, painting up a unit of 'DeeZee Miniatures Prehistoric Range' wolves. They look absolutely wonderful, as he was able to achieve the level of realism that can make this kind of model stand out! I also had no idea there was such a large community of 28mm historical miniature collectors and gamers out there. Sadly, there are not a lot of these kinds of models/collectors in or around the Edmonton area that I am aware of. The closest I’ve found near my home are old west miniatures by Black Scorpion.

As for my undead horde, it continues to grow. I haven’t had a chance to paint much, but I was able to put together many skeletons for a new regiment with spears. This unit’s theme: loose the helmets! I want very few of the troops to sport helmets, to help differentiate them from the sword and board. I also started to finish assembling my Grave Guard, and was even able to finish the test model. Lastly, I also assembled the Wight King model by Games Workshop. I hope to try a new base using wood bark as a display to go along with the manufacturer’s plastic base.

 I see that Warhammer Forge has come out with a new book. I really like the original and am tempted to purchase this new one. I wish there was some way to know if it is worth it, because for the price, it had BETTER BE WORTH IT!  
IMPERIAL ARMOUR MODEL MASTERCLASS VOLUME TWO

Bard

2 comments:

  1. Worth? CMON! EVERY f*cking book FW produces it´s worth its price! Wichever for the content, rules, awesome illustrations, awesome quality, excellent print quality, or simply all the above mentioned! IAMMC it´s a hell of a book, it´s awesome! I have no doubt the vol. 2 it´s as much or even more awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you for the mention and the kind words. There certainly is a wonderful community spirit among many war gaming bloggers and I delighted to see that some have found their way over here.

    ReplyDelete