Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Monday, July 26, 2010

A knight and his dogs

I have gone back to the previous knight and completed the horses horns and the base. (still need to clean the edges on both dogs and knight) The dogs were the second unit I worked on after choosing the flesh scheme that includes the GW Leviathan Purple wash. It really ties all the units together.


I am considering washing all the bone bits with the yellow wash though. They almost look too clean.




I think the jumping puppy at the edge here is my favorite of the lot. I love how his skin came out and the wound on the back leg.

p.s. I have since posting the pictures cleaned up the bases and gotten the sides painted to a crisp uniform black. I wonder if I should consider painting the sides brown? I have seen alot of people going to that color lately.
cheers, Bard


4 comments:

  1. Bard,

    Nice paint job and looking good!
    Also, Nice job on the mutated arm for the Knight...

    Take care,
    Duke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The Arm looks really good in person. I can't help but wonder if his helmets sealed on, or maybe he was so lazy to take it off that he mutated a different way to get some grub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very fitting palette for those Hounds, the gaping wounds on one of them looks very realistic!

    You could try with some yellow or light brown wash for the bone-parts on the Knight, although I think he's looking great as he is right now. Paint up the rest, so you got a unit to look at, if the bone still looks too clean, give them all some wash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Noeste. I have base coats on most of them. I will try to get another one or two done in the next few days.

    Cheers, B

    ReplyDelete