Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Plague Priest is DONE!

Finished the Plague Priest tonight. Was going to post a couple of pictures of him but the picture download page isn't working AGAIN. (I wonder how many others have this problem!?!) I really like how he turned out. I debated having him on a base, but decided that he will be glued to the plague furnace, and I will use my old lord Skrolk if I want a priest on foot.
In other news I got the first coat of my homemade rust mixture on all the exposed metal areas. Its a combination of white spirits (turpenoid) and the forge-world weathering powders. Its just missing that final spot of orange, so tomorrow I will dilute some fiery orange and pool some on strategically.
The base is also done. I went with my gray/dead grass look. I think that's OK, the part I am most pleased and yet displeased about is the small mini plague rat guy on the base. He looks fine, but after I glued him in place, I realized that he wouldn't be able to be at the front of the base because of the furnace. Its too low. I guess he will have to be looking out the back of the model, and that's what I don't like.
Will try the pictures again tommorow.
p.s. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!
Bard

No comments:

Post a Comment