Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bandwagon Jumper

An eight legged Bandwagon jumper to be exact! The new spider Arachnarock has my attention in a big way. It reminds me of the excellent Stegadon model for the lizardmen that I painted a long while ago. Therefore, in preperation, I have started painting a regular unit of spider riders for my goblin horde. Ol' Red Death will proudly march alongside these small offspring into battle.

I do have a question though...should these baby spiders be a brighter red, with Ol' Red Death a much darker red?
Cheers, Bard

2 comments:

  1. That Arachnarock truly is an amazing model, and I don't see how any Goblin Horde could do without one!

    I'd say go bright all the way! A lot of detail risks getting lost, if the piece is too dark. And for such a grand centrepiece, I don't think the size should be the only thing about it to make it stand out. I do think that the size will help you differentiate between small and large spiders, as it's closer between highlights on the small ones, they'll look brighter in a way, at least from a distance.

    Good going so far on the small spiders, and best of luck with the big one, when you get a hold of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, it's kinda fun having a big spider, but the concept is more attractive than the model, imo. Too many great Skaven things to paint if you ask me! I just started on my Stormvermin (which were a b**ch to glue together) and after that I've got a big bell waiting for me! Woot!

    Seb

    ReplyDelete