Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sybelle and Seamus

Sybelle is looking horrid just as I imagine a decomposing madame would. She has also received a coat of Armypainter Dullcoat. I am going to paint her little lady friends with slightly more flesh tone in the starting mix to make it look like they are a bit fresher. Mmmmm Fresh Meat!!
Seamus is well on his way. As you can see by the picture, the base colors are all getting put on at a decent pace. I am not sure I would have painted Seamus in this manner though for myself. I probably would have gone more in the purple range. Maybe saved the blues for where the pink is now. His hair is going to be highlighted up to a white color and all his clothing will receive many further highlights. He should look finished by about wednesday.
Let me know what you think! Cheers, Bard


  

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I really like the mad hatter looking character. Your colour choices are really interesting and work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's pretty neat that the Madamme is so dark and 'dull' in the colours used and Saemus is over-the-top bright. This works really well. I don't know what the other models are like, but if it is possible to keep the 'unexcited' colour palette you used on the Madamme on them as well, this might be a really good way to give this band a lot of character through its leader. Good luck, I like what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete